Thursday, June 6, 2002

Hot weather

I am thinking about goin up to Eckerd's (pharmacy place) to get some nail care stuff, but it is just so damn hot and yucky outside! You can really tell summer is here now, beacuse the humidity is as thick as (invisible)fog... For those of you who have never experienced a Florida summer, it is like being in a green house that have been out in the sun all day. But before the sun rose someone showered the inside of the greenhouse, so along with the temperature rising the steamy sticky humidity rises along with it...

I do not mind the heat per se, it is the humidity that slows you down and makes even the simplest outside movements into a tireing feat...

Of course, my car does not have any air conditioning, so it is like being in a toaster driving it this time of the year. I got a very good deal on it; got it from my mother in law for only $900. It is a 1993 Chevrolet, and it runs great! But no AC...

As soon as we get closer to have a baby I will have to get a new car. (If I do not want to roast the poor thing and get arrested for child endangerment!) I will probably get a nice brand new one (thinking Toyota maybe), and it will be the family car. I am actually kind of longing for a station wagon. This must mean I am all grown up, huh???

As it is now I do not really need a fancy car since I work at home. My hubby, on the other hand, being a fancy Director of Finance (finansdirektör, låter så fiiint på svenska *himlar med ögonen*) have to ride in style (he does not HAVE to, but it probbaly would not look to good if he came in an old beat up piece of crap... He has a Chrysler Sebring Convertible, and I get to use it on the weekends, so I am not complaining! He has worked VERY hard to deserve a nice car, so he is sooo worth it! (Go Ken, GO!)

Well, I really need some nail stuff (my big toe nail fell off recently, and I have to use orange sticks to "guide" the new nail growing out otherwise it grows inwards, ouch!) (Now, that is grosse, huh??!! Off to Eckerd's I am...!

No comments: