Wednesday, June 12, 2002

Preping before the conference

Got a great idea last night, and I made chicken fajita wraps, mmm.

Last time I went to the American Translators Association's annual conference all the freelancers left their resumes at tables divided into languages (they do this every year at the job expo, plus you give out sooo many resumes!). I did see two "resumes" that stood out. They were made as broschures, and were much more attractive I think. These were just plain and simple, and they still made a great impression.

I started playing around with MS Publisher last night, and just printed some samples. It looks freaking good! Imaging in full color and with great paper! My husband is going to print them at work, where they have a full color duplex printer. Plus, I will save sooo much money printing myself... AND I get full creative input, of course! The conference is in November, so I have plenty of time to finish it and tweak it. But the same goes for my new web site... It is so much work! But it will also be 100 % better and look much more professional, the one I have now was just thrown up there for good measure, and I haven't really thought much about it since then. (It has already been two years!). The new one will be seamless with its CSS and the logo looks very professional. The old is more of an online resume, very boring. (But I did everything myself, and back then my HTML was total crapp. Not that it is THAT much better now, but...)

Well, better get to work. I will be out all afternoon, so I better do it now.

No comments: