Wednesday, June 12, 2002

More biopsies...

I can't believe my bad luck sometimes... I went to the dermatologist this afternoon, and of course, low and behold; he found something he was very suspicious of... They have to cut the whole thing out to be sure! I am scheduled for the surgery on July 16th, so keep your fingers crossed then.

The bad mole is located just below my hip on the left side, almost on my butt, so I haven't been able to see it. It is much blacker than all the other moles, that is about what I could see from my angle.

With me being a high risk for melanoma I knew this might happen one day, especially since I have already had Basal Cell Carcinomas, one of the more easily treated and not so dangerous skin cancers. There are basically three kinds: Basal Cell Carcinoma, the Squamous Cell Carcinoma and then the big bad one, Melanoma. So it might be the big one this time according to the doc... Not so fun! Oh well, my philosophy is to always stay as positive as possible. I think that can make a big difference. But it's not always easy!

No comments: