Friday, June 13, 2003

I had a baby girl!




Wow, once again I have allowed myself to neglect this diary. It would have been great having a detailed record of my pregnancy, but I guess I have been lazy...

Anyway... On May 8 at 9:11 AM our daughter arrived via c-section. She weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 21 inches long. Is she beautiful or what? We are so happy with our new addition, and the first days my emotions was running high, going from crying to happy in split seconds (I guess I can blame that on the hormonal changes). I also lost almost 40 lbs (I only gained 24 lbs with the pregnancy), so I felt quite week in the beginning (especially with having gone through major abdominal surgery and all). She just turned 5 weeks yesterday and I feel better every day. Sure, I am still extremely sleep deprived (since I am breastfeeding nobody else can get up in the middle of the night for those late night/early morning feedings).

She is fussing now, so I better go.

No comments: