Friday, July 11, 2003

She is growing fast!

Hej!

Well, she is now 9 weeks and 1 day old. I can't really grasp how quickly she grows! She is already 13 lbs 04 oz (5.9 kg) since of Tuesday. She is 23 inches long. She is BIG, sumo-wrestling thighs and all! She is a sweetheart...

So far I have lost 40 lbs since giving birth, it just keeps coming off, I think breastfeeding helps a lot, but it just melts off! My first two weeks home I felt really weak because of the rapid weight loss (30 lbs just in one week!), but now I feel strong and confident. I haven't felt this great in years! So far I have been sooo lucky, I did not have any problems with lupus or anything else during pregnancy, and it is keeping that way (knock on wood). So far I am down to 138 lbs. Loosing 40 lbs is pretty amazing, especially since I only gained 24 lbs during the pregnancy. I am 5.8 feet tall (173 cm), so I feel I shouldn't lose too much more, but the breastfeeding takes about 500 to 1000 extra calories a day, so I guess I should just eat and be marry, or something...

We have started to look for a house, and we will most likely get one in September. I am looking forward to that so much it almost hurts...

I am now going to have some lunch and something cold to drink, it is so freaking hot outside, like 95 degrees!!!

No comments: