Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tired

Not much going on here. The last 5 days I have been in a super slump. It is just most likely a lupus induced slump. One of the negative sides of this disease is that you sometimes just get super tired, can barely muster up the energy for anything.

I had to force myself to drive to the store and get groceries yesterday. I have been getting plenty of sleep, have been sleeping before 9 most days, and I wake up very rested. I have been eating very healthy with lots of fresh fruits, so the food should not be a factor either. This type of tiredness is one of the reasons lupus patients are often seen as lazy, since people can't understand someone can just be tired form nothing. Oh well.

Luckily my other symptoms, like joint pain, are pretty mild, just my hands that are somewhat affected.

So it feels like all I have had energy for is work the last few days, for that pretty much just require mental energy, and that I have plenty.

I am going to see my rheumatologist tomorrow afternoon for one of my twice annual check ups, not much he can do, but I will find out how active the Sjögren's disease have been, since he tested those markers with a blood test lately. I have had a lot of inflammation in my salivary glands, so it feels like it is just a bit more active than usual.

The humidity is about 80 % today, and it is about 37 C. That equals numbingly hot. So that doesn't exactly help either, forget about taking the dogs for our regular long walks, none of us can handle it in this heat!

Since I am done with work for today, I am going to watch Swedish TV. That is about all I can work up enough energy for right now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoppas tröttheten inte sitter i allt för länge. Är inte Sjögrens syndrom också känt för att man är väldigt trött?
Är det svt kanalerna du tittar på när du ser på svensk tv? På de andra så går det inte allt för många program med svenska (mest inköpta amerikanska serier).
Du brukar ju se svensk film också. Jag har tips på två ganska okay svenska filmer i den lite mer lättsamma genren (om du nu inte redan hunnit se dem).
Det är först & främst "Bröllopsfotografen" och sen även "Sommaren med Göran".
Vi hörs.
Kram.
-Mari-
ps. jag har sett att du ringt ibland men jag har inte varit hemma så mycket senaste tiden. Troligen är jag hemma imorrn kväll (torsdag). För ikväll ska jag springa en massa fram & tillbaka till tvättstugan.

Marianne said...

Trist att vara så där trött. Å andra sidan är det bättre att vara trött än att ha värk och andra besvärligheter. Man får vara tacksam för det lilla ...

Hoppas det går bra hos doktorn!

KRAMAR!