Thursday, June 12, 2008

Almost here!

Today I said "goodbye" and have a safe trip to my sister, She lives in Sundsvall, so she will take the train to Stockholm tomorrow, so since I am going to be out and about most of tomorrow, today was really my last chance to talk to her before they leave Sweden early in the morning on Saturday.

We are both really looking forward to seeing again so soon! And it is of course a great plus that my niece Sandra and my sister's boyfriend Börje are coming a long as well!

Today I have the day to myself, so I have worked and straightened the place up here and there. It is mostly a matter of moving toys away so they can stay in Sarah's room. Sarah has a double bed, so it comfortably sleeps two, and my niece gets the office to herself on a comfy Tempur Pedic mattress (I love Tempur Pedic, I have Tempur Pedic mattress toppers on all our beds!) Even though NASA invented the material itself, it was actually a Swedish idea to turn it into mattresses. Great idea and so comfy!

It feels pretty great having a floor that is so easy to clean. It has really been a time saver and it turned out as good as I thought it would. Yay for tile!

Tomorrow it will be work in the morning, and after picking Sarah up we are heading to the mall for lunch and later a haircut for me. It has already been 5 weeks since last one, and I decided not to let it go so long between haircuts again. With all the pool visits lately I definitely need a trim, but then I should be good to mid August or so. I love having Patricia do my hair, I try to not wash it for 2-3 days afterwards, every strand is just perfect! I have never had a person do my hair that well before. Luckily I found her many years ago, and I sure hope she never moves! She is originally from Columbia, and we often exchange observations on living in the US. It is weird, but her background is so similar to mine, I would have guessed she was Swedish!

Since I am cleaning today I am hoping to be able to just relax on Saturday. I don't have to leave for the airport until 4:15 PM, so I might actually have time for some reading.

On another note, the other day I watched the Swedish movie "Arn- Tempelriddaren". I have been waiting since Christmas for this movie to finally become available to me way over here in the US. It was great! The only bad thing would be that now I have to wait probably until spring next year to see the second movie, the conclusion of the story, "Arn - Riket vid vägens slut", it premiers in theaters in Sweden on August 22. I read the books by Jan Guillou, and it is an epic story about war, love and religion back in the 12th and 13th Century. A lot of the story is based on actual events, so it also gives you somewhat of a history lesson. you can see the movie trailer here:


This movie has great potential to be an international success. See it if you can!

1 comment:

Petra H said...

Vad spännande att gästerna snart anländer!
Roligt att du gillade Arn, då ska jag hålla utkik efter den dvd:n när jag är hemma i Sverige - har den engelsk text??