Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Itinerary

Not much new to report here. Sarah and I went to the pool yesterday afternoon. You can tell summer is here, because like clock work every afternoon around 4 pm the thunder storms starts rolling in. But they quickly disappear after unloading their very much needed load of rain. That is Florida for you. We have a subtropical climate, and that means during the summer months we are all tropical!

I have a dental check up this morning, and I am going to try and squeeze in a cleaning today if they have time. They wouldn't schedule one since they don't know what the check up will reveal. I had a mini check up in January, and everything was fine then, so I really don't see what all the fuss is about. After the cleaning I want to do a professional teeth whitening. They have a great deal, you pay $99 one time, and as long as you go for twice annual cleanings you get free touch ups for life. Since I drink a lot of tea and diet Coke I get stains. I have never done a real bleaching, so it will be interesting.

I have been thinking up fun things for us to do while my sister is here, and I am so excited to show my niece Sandra around, she has barely been out of Sweden before, and at 16, I have a feeling she will be pretty excited to come over here too!

Some of the things I have in store (except the usual Disney World and Universal Studios) is a guided air boat ride in the Myakka River National Park, a boat trip out to Egmont Key, an uninhabited island that used to be a fort in the 1800s. It is great for shelling, and it is one of the few places were you actually have palm trees hanging out over the beach. Very tropical! The boat drop you off in the morning and come back to pick you up in the afternoon, so you pretty much fen dfor yourself. Except for the awesome beach you can check out the old fort that is left over since the 1800s, as well as a beautiful lighthouse.

Another thing we will be doing is visiting a local fruit grove, they have 2 hour long guided tours of their huge citrus groves, as well as a wildlife rescue on the grounds. We should be able to fit in visits to the Sarasota Jungle Gardens, Mote Marina Aquarium and a boat ride on the Sarasota Bay as well. These are all local staples that never fail to deliver! And we are planning shopping, beach visits and some movie visits too!

Plus lots of food! The first stop we are doing for food will be a t Siesta Key's Daquiri Deck. The alligator appetizer is a must, and they make the best Pina Coladas I ever tasted...

Now, off to the dentist!

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Vad kul att din syster och systerdotter kommer snart! Du verkar ha plannerat massor med skoj och mysiga utflykter. Låter som de kommer att få en riktig toppen vistelse. Jag själv hade gärna följt din itinirary.Ha det bra.

Petra H said...

Det låter som ett fullspäckat kul program för besökarna. Roligt att din systerdotter ska få uppleva Florida och USA för första gången!

Anonymous said...

I Love Daquiri deck!!!

-Mari-