Monday, June 9, 2008

Time flies!

I have been busy working all of last week, so I really just didn't have much time to read or write any blogs! This week will hopefully be a bit slower, but I really don't mind some extra work right now, since I will essentially be off for 2 weeks here soon.

I am waiting for some money from a Swedish client. They were stiffed by one of their clients, and that has affected their paying abilities towards their vendors (like me). They assure me the money is coming, but I am so pissed, since this was the money I was counting on for my sister's visit. So there will just have to be a little bit less shopping than I had planned, unless the money comes in during the week.

There is nothing I can do about it except contact them regularly for updates. They are hoping they will get some larger payments this week so they can pay me. Since I have their home address and home phone number in Sweden, they know they won't get rid of me easily. I am not giving up on this chunk of money, it is too much to just let it slide!

Sarah's preschool had a "graduation" ceremony this past Friday. They sang songs and did a great job performing for the parents. She will have two more weeks of preschool left, but they wanted to do the graduation ceremony in conjunction with the public schools, in case there were any kids going off on vacations.

Sarah will then have two weeks off before starting a Summer Camp program three days a week at the same school she is going to now. They will focus on having fun, doing field trips and having different people come into the school to do stuff, like pottery and gymnastics for instance. I am also trying to get her a spot in the national swim program at the YMCA every Tuesday and Thursday. This way she won't get too bored over summer, and I get a chance to work as well.

This week my plans are to get the house in order for our Swedish visit on Saturday, work and hang out at the pool with Sarah. This past week has been unusually hot for this time of the year, with temperatures up to 98 degrees! (37C). But since it is also very humid here it feels a lot hotter, so the pool has been a welcome spot to cool off at. I have been using sunblock religiously every day, but I am still developing a bit of a tan. At least we haven't had any sunburns and that is the most important thing.

No comments: