Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Everything braking!

It seems like several often used electronic devices in our house have decided to brake down on us at the same time!

First the TV started showing signs of being on its last leg, but still working...

Then my trusty old digital camera went on the fritz...

Our DVD player has been a faithful work horse since 2002, playing both Swedish and US DVDs without complaining. But it is ready for retirement; last night it decided to impose maximum stress, randomly stopping the movie in the middle of the best parts, its display going black, not wanting to load a DVD, telling us there is no DVD in the player even though we try over and over... With movies that work great on the computer or the portable DVD player...

These devices are all old. They all need to be replaced. I already have my dream HDTV picked out, a nice shiny Philip's. But my wallet is not approving that purchase just yet. And I want to research my camera purchase throughly before I make a decision.

But a new Philip's region free DVD player is on order. It just almost gave us both an anxiety attack last night. Since the writers' strike there is not much to see on regular TV, so we need a working DVD to relax a bit in front of the TV at night. The TV that is next in line to go bye bye...

No comments: