Saturday, March 8, 2008

Windy Shopping

Today I was going to wear a new, swingy skirt I just got, but a quick walk with the dogs early this morning changed those plans... We have had some odd, stormy conditions here in Florida for a few days, last night there were some pretty severe lightning stuff going on. Today the wind has been sustained at around 34 miles per hour (15 sekundmeter).

So no skirt. I was up early and was showered and ready already at 8 AM. But I hung around and did some odds and ends for a while, and then Sarah and I headed down to the Sarasota Mall, which sounded like a good idea considering the windy weather. Finally there we shopped a bit at Victoria's Secret, great sale there, and a bunch of stuff at the Disney Store. After we were done we bought some food and drove over to Ken's office to have lunch. After all, it is tough to see him at all this time of year, he really is at the height of tax season right now.

Then home to some bookkeeping and a few movies. Sarah and I took the dogs for a long walk this evening, but it was pretty cold in the wind, so we kind of ended up jogging around the neighborhood. The dogs love it! Lucky for me they want to stop and sniff/pee on everything, my fitness is not exactly on top.. hrm...

So I am looking forward to a nice evening in. The husband just came home (hallelujah!) to work from home, and he came bearing gifts in the form of chocolate... And I have a stack of MI-5 DVDs from Netflix waiting after Sarah goes to bed. If you are looking for a good series to watch I can recommend the British MI-5. Great 1 hour episodes about the people who work at the British Intelligence service. Lots of action in this award winning series lovingly nicknamed "Spoofs" by the Brits.
Hope you are all having a nice, relaxing weekend too!

1 comment:

Saltistjejen said...

Låter som ni haft en bra och innehållsrik dag!
Tack för tipset om MI-6. Ska kolla upp denna serie. Känns som något både M och jag skulle gilla!! Och Netflix är ju bara bäst!!!!