Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Got a little wet!

I just got back from a long walk in the pouring rain - the dogs and I looked like drowned rats when we got back! I was wearing a jacket, but the rain was so hard it got thorugh it. Stan kept trying to turn around and go back home the entire walk, he wasn't too happy about it! It was kind of nice though, it is so warm and when you feel the water rush over your feet it is anything but cold!

I had to take the dogs for a nice long walk since I will be out all afternoon. At 2 PM I am leaving for St Petersburg to have my pre op tests done. I am not sure exactly what they are doing except the standard blood tests. If I have time I will scope out the hospital a little bit more as well.

Tomorrow I have planned on just doing laundry and some cleaning. On Thursday I am home alone, so I can do some more deep cleaning. I want this place sparkling before my sister gets here, I don't want her to have to do too much while she is here.

I have prepped the house pretty good. The freezer is full with food, lots of meat. My sister is on a low carb diet after quitting smoking. I really don't think she needs to loose any weight, she looks great! But since she really wants to stick to this diet I have gotten a lot of protein and other things I know she would like.

I had a little hard time figuring out what to do with Sarah next Friday, the 24th. She gets out of preschool at 11:30 AM, and Ken will be in Largo for consulting all day. Everyone I normally would get help from is out of state! Finally I asked my friend and neighbour Erin and she is going to pick her up and drop her off at home with my sister (since I will still be in the hospital). No problem at all! That is really nice of her since she got her own 4 year old AND a 6 month old to care for. I really appreciate her helping me out, she is a life saver!

Other than that I think I am pretty set. On Thursday I am cleaning and then getting a haircut, plus Sarah and I are picking my sister up at the airport.

On Friday we are going to be out shopping all day. I need to get a robe and some slippers for the hospital, you are suppose to walk the corridors a lot to get the bowels going, and the robe I have is way too short for that. I also need some new face lotion, I like Clinique for basics. They are having a "gift with purchase" promo going on on Friday, so that will work out pretty good. A nice lunch would be great too! I am taking everyone out for dinner Friday night (who knows when I will be able to eat normal food for a while, so I am stuffing myself!)

Saturday are going to be an all day event at Universal Studios in Orlando, that should be a lot of fun for all of us!

Sunday will be for last minute stuff in the morning, then I will have to do a bowl prep starting at 1 PM, which means I have to stay close to the bathroom the rest of the day...

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Bra att allt det praktiska runt om verkar ha löst sig. Du får ha en riktigt skön helg med din syster och ha en massa kul. Sedan kommer vi att tänka på dig och hålla både tummar och tår för att operationen går bra och att du snart mår bättre.