Sunday, August 26, 2007

Quick update from the hospital

I was doing absolutely great until yesterday. I am not really up to writing much, but I wanted to leave a quick update, since I haven't been in contact with anyone except for my mom through my sister.

As you know I was surprised with a 1 step surgery rather than a 2 step. That is great in many ways, especially in not having to deal with a second surgery and second hospital stay etc.

My bowels have slowly started to wake up, but nothing and I means absolutely NOTHING IS COMING OUT!!! The pain is intolerable and is driving me crazy. All I can really do is wait and hope that the gas and other stuff will find its new way out. The best thing to do is walk, walk and walk, but it has been almost impossible since I have been so nauseated and in pain. I lay like an old lady and moan in bed most of the time, thank God for that morphine pump!

I recently got a different and hopefully anti nausea medication, so I can walk some more. Throwing up after a surgery like this would be excruciating, so I am really scared of that happening. The doc said that in the worst case scenario he would have to intubate the pouch (read: stick a hose up my ass) if things do not improve. I have started to bloat a bit and get distended, so I am trying my best to get this resolved fast. Pain is not fun, that is for sure!

My sister slept over one night, and Ken stayed the day today. But Ken is not very good at this kind of stuff, so I much rather have Carina here (sorry, I love you so much Ken...)

So that is my situation. I am looking at maybe another week in here. At least this is a nice department with only 11 beds, so nice and quiet most of the time.

I know it will all be worth it in the end, but right now it majorly SUCKS! Oh, and Sarah is doing great, she is being a very good girl my little cutie!!!

11 comments:

Carina said...

I have seen you suffer and I wish I can help you more :/

As you say, Sarah is doing great. She truly is a GOOD GIRL. Today we have been singing silly songs and just having a great time together :D

See you tomorrow :)

Thinking of you all the time...

I love you

JaCal said...

Oh, Sweflo - it's hard to comprehend what you're going through - you're a champ! I wish for new medication to work better, for your body to adjust - and for the pain to go away - fast!! I get tears when I think about what you're going through right now - my thoughts are with you! You seem to have a wonderful sister and husband and an amazing daughter! Kram!

BritGirl said...

It's so good to hear (well read!) from you on your blog.
Hearing that you're in pain is not so good and for you the one going through it must be awful.
I really hope (and I'm sure it will)the pain starts to get a little easier now as each day passes. My father had surgery to his lower end recently and after the op swore that he wished he hadn't had it done. Then the other day (6 weeks later)he admitted that he wished he had had it done years ago as now it's all healed well and life is much better.
You keep that in your mind as you brave on through.
You'll get there.

Annika said...

Sweflo!! Now I have finally updated myself here on your blog!! YOU are so brave! What a champ! What you are going thru is impossible for me comprehend! And, you are blogging and smiling on pics! Amazing!!!
I am thinking of you!!
Lots of HUGS!!!

Desiree said...

Det låter riktigt jobbigt. Hoppas läkarna kan få bukt på ditt illamående iallfall med medicin. Det kan ju inte vara så lätt att gå på promenad om man mår jätteilla och har hemskt ont. Jag hoppas verkligen du slipper intuberingen för den lät inte bra. Hang in there, en dag i taget. Förhoppningsvis blir du bättre för varje dag. You are a true fighter. Skickar en stor krya på dig kram.

Anne-Marie said...

Ville bara säga att jag håller tummarna för att du mycket snart skall må bättre. Hoppas att den nya medicinen "gör susen". KRAM!

Anne said...

Det gör ont ont ont i hjärtat läsa om din smärta och jag hoppas hoppas att du smärtorna snart ska lätta och att du inte ska behöva lida på det sättet.
Du är verkligen otrolig, helt fantastisk. Det tål att upprepas och sägas om och om igen. En riktig kämpe är du, så stark och duktig att jag saknar ord.
Du klarar det här, du kämpar dig igenom det. En sekund, en minut i taget. En timme och en dag i taget.
Allting klarar du av, tänk så. Allting som kommer till dig kan du hantera och klara av. Blir det tuben i baken så klarar du det, ingenting är för omöjligt för dig.
Tänk så.

Din härliga syster Carina som finns där för dig, det är förstås jättejobbigt för dig också carina att se din syster så här. Du är fantastisk du också!

Och din lilla tjej Sarah, hon påminner om sin mor tror jag allt. En stark och duktig tjej som har världens bästa mamma!

Många många styrkekramar!

När du misströstar, när det tar så ont så ont: det går över, det går över och du kommer ta dig igenom det här och fokusera bara på belöningen. Vad som kommer sen, dröm om den dagen när du är utan smärta och helt återhämtad. Det är dit du ska nu! Kämpa kämoa på!

Det är så många här ute som tänker på dig, även om vi inte är där fysiskt vid din säng så har du många supporters!

Kram Anne

veronika said...

Sweflo, jag hoppas verkligen du mar battre snart och att allt ska fungera som det ska med din kropp.
Du ar verkligen beundransvart stark person!
harligt att du har din syster dar, maken ar inte alltid den basta person att ha vid sin sida, speciellt inte da det galler sjukhus verkar det som.:)

Toini said...

Åh, jag kan tänka mej vilken smärta du har. Min man opererade bort sin njure och hade samma problem som du ...... med gas. Dagen efter att dom skrev ut honom fick vi åka tillbaks till akuten igen för han hade otrolig smärta i höger axel...... och tänka sig allt berodde på luft i magen sen operationen.

Hoppas du mår bättre snart :-)

Fia said...

Oj,oj det är inte lätt att ha ont efter operationer, jag vet, men det går ju över. Även om det inte alltid hjälper att tänka så - så ÄR det så. Glöm inte att det är ok att gråta när det gör ont, det är ok att be om hjälp, du är så stark ändå att du kan få vara lite svag just nu. Stooooor kryapådigkram!

Desiree said...

Sweflo hur mår du idag? Jag hoppas att det sakta men säkert blir bättre och att du slipper må så illa och ha så himla ont. Tänker på dig.