Monday, September 8, 2008

Gone!

This morning I dropped my cousin off at the airport. Always such a sad moment. But we had a lot of fun, even though I am still a bit weak and I STILL haven't gotten paid much by any of the clients that are late with their payments! I just got enough to make it through. very irritating! I have bills to pay, and I need to get a load of groceries. I better see that money start coming in this week... I have been contacting all of them of course, and they are just slow. I don't care to hear your excuses. Just. Pay. Me.

We ate good food, we did some shopping and we had a bit of fun. Yesterday we went to the Myakka River State Park to see the alligators. We did see a few, but no close ups. The water is just so high from all the rain. What a difference from when I went there in June! This is the only close ups we got of alligators yesterday:

We also visited the park's canopy walk, but I wasn't able to climb the stairs all the way up, my legs just aren't ready for that yet! You get a very nice view from up there. We were so hot and sweaty after our visit, so we really enjoyed some cold ice cream at the Myakka Outpost in the park. It is still very hot here in Florida. Of course, it didn't help that we spent a few hours floating on air mattresses in the Gulf of Mexico on Saturday. I got really bad sunburn...

Sarah and Mari heading over the canopy walk bridge
The tower leading up to the viewing platform
Mari monkeying around in the park

Sarah enjoying a cool treat

Now I am really looking forward to my mom (grandmother) Wivan and aunt Ewa to arrive on Sunday September 21!

3 comments:

Saltistjejen said...

Å vad bra att du skrev igen på bloggen. Började oroa mig lite över hur du mådde. men du verkar må fint.
Förutom att det är tråkigt när ens besök reser hem såklart.
Vilken cool park ni var i!
Men måste fråga om alligatorerna. På bilden ser det ut som om en är vit och en är orange. Men det kasnke bara var en synvilla???
Jag är så glad att du verkar må fysiskt så mycket bättre!!!! :-)
Kram!!!

S w e F l o said...

Ha ha! Ja det kan ju bero på att dessa alligatorer var "Made in China"...

Anonymous said...

så.. fultl upp med släkten ... kul att ni gjort roliga saker... den där spången högt uppe bland träden såg häftig ut...

nu får du ladda batterierna inför nästa släktgäng...

Lotte