Thursday, October 22, 2009

AC

An air conditioner is a must here in Florida, we are still having over 30 C!

So yesterday when I was cleaning in the garage and heard some weird noises coming form it, it sure did not sound good!

Based on the basic technical knowledge I have, it sounded like it was the bearings (kullager) in the motor that power the large fan blades. Most likely it just needed a new condenser motor. I called an AC repair company, and sure enough, I was just on the money! Too bad these types of things are so expensive, the visit was $600... but a lot better than a brand new air conditioner that easily can cost around $10,000!

So I was happy to have to pay just the $600. With the new motor, some cleaning and refrigerant the AC now runs smoothly and quietly, and he was even able to lower its temperature, so now it should take less electricity.

No comments: