Monday, December 28, 2009

Lazy Monday

Trying to think of something fun to do, but I think I might just do nothing...

I got a lot of nice Christmas decorations on sale this weekend, so I need to pack all of those away until next year. It is nice knowing that next year we will have more than double the surfaces to decorate on! Ken and I found a lighted animated metal alligator (huge!) for outside, that is a bit better than all the snowmen and deer everyone else have... Plus I also got a lighted palm tree, which I can't decide if I will use year round or just for Christmas.

Sarah and her friend B are playing with LEGO in the living room, I have a load of laundry going, I did some work this morning, but other than that nothing is going on.

Tomorrow I have to leave my car at the dealer so they can check out the "check engine light" that came on over the weekend. It is probably just the gas cap sensor again, but it needs to be checked anyway. I am going to have them look at the brakes too. The brakes are pretty new, but they make all kinds of noises, which the garage that put them in said is due to sand in them. I am not sure if it is just sand like they said, so I want someone else give me their opinion. I am tired of listening to that squealing!

I am waiting for the mail to see if I get any more payments to deposit, should be a whole bunch coming in here soon, after the mail have been here I am going to pick up some photos at the pharmacy and get some groceries at Publix. Ken and I are making an effort to eat healthier dinners (but we did not skimp on the goodies over the Holiday). That means a lot of whole grains and more veggies. I am not super fond of whole grain pasta, but I am learning. We have also started trying different grains like wheat berries, quinoa, amaranth and millet.

I have been trying to change our ways, but Ken has not been very committed. Until he got the results back from his annual physical that his triglycerides were elevated! That seemed to wake him up, and now he is aboard the healthier-eating-train...

I just wish Sarah would start eating a more varied diet, she is truly a master of picky eating... Sigh...

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Trist när blodfetterna går upp så där, men skönt att höra att det blev en väckarklocka för Ken och att han tar det på allvar. Klas har samma problem, dessutom liiite högt blodsocker och hans pappa har diabetes. Men vi har lyckats hålla allt på okej nivåer med bra kost. Klas är själv väldigt mån om att det ska vara nyttigt, och så får man festa loss ibland.

Jag var också jättepetig med maten när jag var liten. Men det gick över. Det gör det nog för Sarah också.

Nu önskar jag dig ett RIKTIGT GOTT NYTT ÅR!
Kramar!