Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Nagging works!

I FINALLY got paid by the French guy that owed me a lot of money... They had tried to ignore me and were hopefully thinking I would get tired of trying to collect. It works on a lot of people! It can be difficult and costly trying to recover overdue payments from other countries, and unfortunately there are a few bad apples out there...

BUT instead of fading away, getting tired of unanswered e-mails I started calling his office. Every day. Several times a day. I was very polite but firm. When can I expect my payment? I think I must finally have worn them down, they probably figured it wasn't worth having me nagging on them, so they paid me! Yes! So now I can have a nice, calm Thanksgiving holiday. With all my bills paid... Have a great day!

4 comments:

Desiree said...

Skönt att du fick betalt. Men vad arg man blir på att det finns sådana personer som hoppas på att de ska kunna komma undan på det sättet. Jag hoppas att du slipper att ha något mer med dem att göra. Men nu kan du iallfall koppla av och njuta av en härlig thanksgiving.

Anne said...

Vad skönt, envishet lönar sig :)
Förresten, Sven och Jörgen är ursöta och världens coolaste namn fick de också!

Lullun said...

Verkligen bra det ordnade sig, så att du får lugn och ro nu under långhelgen också. Men helt otroligt att det ska behövas så mycket tjatande trots allt!

Anne-Marie said...

Envishet brukar löna sig. Jag kör också ofta "utmattningstekniken" och folk brukar göra det jag vill. :) Skönt att du fick betalt.