Friday, November 9, 2007

Prickly me and hornet sauce

Last night I was making some chicken marsala. I don't eat mushrooms, but I like the taste of them, I just won't put an actual mushroom in my mouth. The marsala sauce contains mushrooms, and I usually heave in a full container. I was stirring them around when I noticed something odd... A weird clump of sorts... It was a hornet! Yuck! I had no choice but to remove it, lucky for me there seemed to be no more weird stuff and I continued cooking, the rest was almost done anyway and I had no other sauce options...

This morning I looked at the hornet again. Turns out it is just a clump of dirt... He he!

I feel so agitated today about all and nothing. We are hoping the tires we ordered will come in soon, but it is not so much the feeling about being stuck in the house that irritates me. I will take Sarah and walk to the grocery store later, it is a nice walk up there, not at all that far. The weather is just awesome with sun and low 70s!

I have some work issues with incompetent people that are really grating on me, and then the husband was all cranky last night, saying he is too stressed to have our floors done now. Ha! As if he even was going to be home when they do it! It would be mostly on me. My plan was to have it scheduled for the Monday after Thanksgiving, that way we will have a few days to move furniture and rip out the old carpet. By moving our own furniture we can make sure they don't dent up the walls, which is a common problem. Also, they usually charge extra for moving furniture and removing the old floors. I will probably have them remove the old tile though. And I think it will be therapeutic ripping out that yucky, very hated carpet!

Tomorrow morning we are having an in house quote done, and that will be our last quote. After that we will decide who we will go with.

Since we are tiling the entire house except the master bath, which will be dealt with later on, it would be faster if we removed all the furniture ourselves anyway... The office stuff weigh a ton!

I just feel so prickly today, so nobody better mess with me or I have a feeling I will bite their head off!

No comments: