Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Doctor visit update

I wasn't too concerned about my stomach pain. Until the doctor started to poke around. I screamed like a pig! It was pretty clear that it was a bot more serious than I first thought. He is 99 % sure it is an intestinal infection. But this time I got to the doctor fast, so hopefully I won't have to be in the hospital. He said that if I don't feel better after a couple of days I have to come back and get a CT-scan.

I am a bit worried about taking antibiotics, back in December I had some pretty severe reactions. But on the other hand I hope that was because my immune system was in uproar, not because I had a true allergic reaction. Time will tell! At least this time I have a powerful antihistamine already at home, leftovers form December, so I can take that at first sign of any itching.

I am still very happy about the great outcome from the surgery. These things will keep happening, it is just a byproduct you will have to live with, so no big deal. He said there is quite a lit of scar tissue inside my remaining intestine, and that can easily cause infections.

These things just seem to have a really bad timing, with Sarah's birthday and upcoming party, and mother in law coming tomorrow. Hope I have enough energy to clean a bit. At least the FLOORS are sparkling clean!

Oh, another bummer. When they came to fix the dryer it turned out it wasn't what they first assumed it was. So we now have to wait for another part to come in. They were suppose to come tomorrow, but the part is on backorder, and the next appointment is not available until May 15! That is 3 weeks without a dryer! Not fun... Luckily I invested in one of those accordion style floor racks to hang laundry on, so I can wash small loads and hang on that. But still a pain. At least not as much of a pain as in my intestine right now. I am taking a pain killer, thank goodness for those! Over and out...

5 comments:

Saltistjejen said...

Å jag hoppas verklgien att du blir bättre snart. Med eller utan antibiotika. Låter inte bra med infektion, men det känns skönt att du kollade upp dig såpass snabbt ändå. Oftast är det ju så att ju fortare men har koll på sina åkommor desto större är chansen för att man ska kunna få rätt behandling i tid.

Många styrkekramar till dig och Krya på dig!!!!

Amanda said...

Get well soon!

xx

Annika said...

Håller tummarna för dig. Inte kul att behöva äta antibiotika, och jag vet ju vilka konstiga magreaktioner man kan få av sådana.

Krya på dig!!

Desiree said...

Jag hoppas du känner dig bättre och att det funkar med antibotikan utan några större problem. Tur att du kom till läkaren tidigt så att det kunde få det åtgärdat. Jag är glad för din skull att operationen du genomgick blivit så lyckad och att du känner att det verkligen var värt det hela. Hoppas det ordnar sig med Sarahs kalas och allt annat men det gör det nog. Sköt om dig.

Anonymous said...

Verkligen trist...
Men du är bra på att va stark...

på tal om inget så kollar jag med jämna mellan rum hur priserna på flygresor till florida ser ut i aug, sep alt okt... så kanske kanske det blir ett besök då... :-)


-Mari-