Friday, July 11, 2008

Crikey!

Just came back from picking Sarah up from summer camp. I had just finished the last work project for the day and figured it was a great stopping point for work, it being 4:15 PM and all.

I did hear the thunder storm outside, but I normally have no problem with thunder, in fact, I love it!

That is, when I am safe and sound at home... Today I had Ken's car, a convertible with a fabric roof... Those lightning bolts were coming from all over and I saw several hit things along the road! I drove all hunkered down in the car, as if that would do much good if some lightning came my way. The dogs were with me in the car as well, and they were just as scared as I was. It didn't help that the rain was so bad I could only see a little bit in front of the car...

I guess Tampa Bay is not called the "lightning capital of the world" for nothing... Apparently 10 people die from lightning strikes in Florida every year. And the statistics say people in their 30s are the most likely to be hit! Yikes!

1 comment: