Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cypress Gardens

We took the little longer, scenic route to Cypress Gardens, which is located in Winter Gardens, in the mid central Florida. It took us almost 2 hours to get there, but I rather look at farms and pastures than the boring I-75 and I-4 highways roadsides...

We had a very nice day, riding rides and enjoying the beautiful surroundings along Lake Eloise (I can't keep from singing that Swedish "dansbandsdängan" "Eloise" when I hear that name.. Eeeeelloooiiiiss!

We even got Ken to ride several roller coasters, which is extremely rare! There was one of those things that takes you really, really high up in the air and then just drops you in a free fall. Sarah and I went on that, and I was like shivering jell-o after that one, but Sarah didn't mind, even though she didn't like the ride. She got nerves of steel, that kid! On one of the roller coasters Sarah and I stayed on 4 times in a row, since the line was so short.

The scariest ride by far was the "Pharaoh's Boat", you know, one of those ship things that slings you high up in the air until you think it is going to topple over. Not that the ride itself was that scary, no, in the middle of the ride all of a sudden I felt a sting! I look down inside my shirt, and out flies a hornet. Ouch! Right on my boob! That looked a bit swelled and painful for a few hours, but now I just have a faint bruise where the stinger was. But don't get stung on a boob, I don't recommend it! ;-)

Before we left we took a stroll to the beautiful butterfly garden. One of the butterflies took a liking to Ken, as you can see here below:

Sarah and I on our way up in the Ferris Wheel, we got a bit crazy in the rain!

Ken and his new friend.

Sarah and one of the classic "Southern Belles" that stroll around the Gardens.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Kul utflykt. Verkar som ni hade riktigt skoj. Sarah verkar ha fått en riktig toppendag. Förresten märks det inte alls att du lagt på dig 10 kg i vikt. Du ser smal, snygg och frisk ut.