Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Flu shots

It is that time of year again! Last year I couldn't get a flu shot, since I was pretty weak all fall.

But I do not want to get the flu again; the last two times I had it I was so sick I ended up in the hospital. For people like me, with a compromised immune system, a flu shot is a given. But for anyone it would be a good idea, I think.

Both Sarah and I got ours yesterday. Sarah also got hepatitis A vaccine, sine we will be traveling in the Caribbean/Mexico in December, and Hep A (mostly food borne) is pretty wide spread there. (Though you here about cases here in Florida now and then too). I will get my Hep A shot hear soon too. If I got that I could end up very sick, since I have no colon and my water uptake is minimal as it is.

Ken has had a second tax deadline, the regular that everyone knows about is of course April 15 here in the US, but for people that have their tax returns on extension, October 15 is the final deadline. Of course, people have been waiting until the last minute to drop of the paper work at my husband's firm, so he has been working like a crazed man for over a month now.

Yesterday it was finally over almost, and he was home before 4 PM so he could come with us to Sarah's flu shot. She did good, no crying at all, just a bit scary with those two big needles!

I have a lot of smaller jobs to do today, and after Sarah gets out of school (early today at 1:15 PM), my mother in law will be coming over. We haven't seen her since May, so that will be great. She will be staying over night, and Sarah is very excited about that. But of course, that means I need to clean as much as I can before she gets here... And cook dinner and make a pie tonight.

Well, this weekend we are going to a dinner party at a friend's house, and we are also planning on visiting the Amish Pumpkin Festival, it was great last year! (Sarasota have Florida's only colony of Amish and Mennonites, though they are not as strict as the people you will find in Amish country up in Pennsylvania.

Have a great day!

No comments: