Sunday, October 12, 2008

It is too sad...

Sarah summed it up very well when we dropped Wivan and Ewa off at the airport yesterday: "IT is too sad". She was very distraught and had a hard time saying good bye. On the way home we talked about why they had to go home, and that we hopefully will go to Sweden soon and see them.

The promise of going to see the new Disney movie, "Beverly Hill's Chihuaua" perked her up a bit.

But the house is oddly empty now, that is for sure. Thanks for the visit, we had a great 3 weeks with you guys here!

After getting home from the movies I decided to try and fix my car. For the past week the stereo, clock and electrical outlet has been out. I was fairly sure it was a blown fuse. My husband is of no use fixing this, he is too busy working. It is always a hassle to leave your car at the mechanic's, so I was determined to fix it myself. Changing a fuse is does not affect the waranty, so if that was the case, I would fix it.

I studied the owner's manual and located which fuse it was, then got a new fuse with the correcte amperage (the main fuse box under the hood has spares).

I had a picture of a good fuse and a blown fuse, so I knew what to look for.


Good fuse

Bad fuse (blown)

But figuring out how to get to the blown fuse, that was a bit harder. It required some real gymnastic moves, since that fuse box was located under and behind the steering wheel! I had to lay on my back with my head on the pedals, and with the help of a flash light and a special tool, I managed to pull out the correct fuse, check it and determine it sure was blown. I quickly replaced it with a new fuse, and now everything works great!

It sure made me feel awesome, being able to fix that all by myself...

Today laundry is the activity, but Sarah and I might head over to the mall for some shopping a bit later. Ken is working from home today, which is nice.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Lotte Jensen said...

ja nu är dessa tre veckor över.. vila ut.. snart är det nån annan toksvensk som vill resa västerut...

och förhoppningsvis får ni möjlighet att komma till Sverige nästa sommar...

Anonymous said...

hmm...blir alltid lite sorgsen i hjärtat när jag läser din blogg ´
;-/ Finns så många fina minnen vi delar- typ första fyllan :-) Badhuset,skolan, killar- ja allt... NU är det liksom över och vi kan inte mer än att prata i telefonen. kram kram

Saltistjejen said...

Å jag vet så väl hur det känns! Vi hade ju också besök nyss som reste hem. De var dock bara här en vecka, men det räckte för att den där tomma känsla skulle infinna sig när de rest...
Stor KRAM!!!