Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday

Yesterday I cleaned and then some. A real fall cleaning. I decided to stay home last night, Sarah and Ken went by themselves to Bounce-U, so I could finish the last of the cleaning.

After I was done and took a shower it felt like every joint in my body was aching. It is in situations like this I get reminded that I am not normal, that I have lupus. My body just can't handle an entire day of hardcore cleaning like this.

But it was nice to wake up this morning, knowing there was nothing for me to do but relax. Sooo worth the aches and pains!

Stan the dog decided he wanted to cuddle just after 7 this morning, and he kissed and buffed  his nose on us until someone finally gave in and starting to pet him. Then he got super excited and pretty much walked all over us with his pointy little paws, so we might as well just get up then. I was still achy anyway, and it hurts more to stay in bed than to get up and get moving.

Ken started the morning off by pressure washing the patio, before taking off for work.

He will be back around 2 PM to pick up the food from the BBQ place and then go and get a few things form the store.

All I have to do as preparation is cut some veggies and make one of the dips, for the three dip with veggies and crackers appetizer we are having. I think I will make a spread with veggies, pita chips, pretzel crackers and hummus, ranch dip (Sarah's favorite) and spinach & artichoke dip. The kids also get chips and some other stuff.

Then all I have to do is get the food out and we can eat. Sarah requested pizza, so she and the other girls, Samantha and Hailey, will eat pizza which will be delivered by Papa John's.

Why have I not done this before? So easy! Well, I do love to cook, so I am sure it won't happen too often. But for a week like this when I have been working non stop and need a brake, it is perfect. And I have truly wanted to try the food at that BBQ place, it smells heavenly when you go by...

Now, I think I will whip out my Sony Reader and start on a book... Ahhh....

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Ja visst är det härligt med ett nystädat hus och så skönt då man kan koppla av och slipper ta en massa dyrbar tid av helgen till sådant. Håller även helt med dig om att då det är mycket kan man faktiskt få fuska ibland och köra med pizza och hämtmat. Ibland hinner man faktiskt inte med allt och någon gång då och då kan det vara både gott och skönt med annat.
KRam!