Thursday, June 6, 2002

Fire Ants! Ouch!!!

Ouch! Yesterday I stopped to talk to someone, and I did not know until it was too late that I had placed myself right ontop of a fire ant nest. Fire ants are not that bad, you might say, well, around here we have some "illegal immigrant" fire ants from South America who have mixed with the locals. The result are FIRE ants! My husband used to think I was a baby who could not handle some little ant bites. Until he himself got bit by the "special ants"... Oh poor him *eyes rolling*!!! Then he realized these were super duper ants. Now every time I get bitten (I walk the dogs like 4-5 times a day, so it happens now and then) he actually feels for me!

I mean, I have scars from JANUARY still looking kind of bad! The bites turn into puss filled blisters that hurts sooo bad... And I have my entire right foot covered and some on the left. I am feeling VERY sorry for myself... :-( There are FIRE ants and then there are the normal fire ants who's bites hurt, but only for a bit.

I learned the story about these SPECIAL ants from my old college professor in biology. He taught me a lot of intresting stuff I never thought would actually be of any use.

No comments: