Friday, June 7, 2002

Weird People

You know, I have been looking forward to moving into our new place for a LONG time. We will get an extra bedroom (my office! yeah!) and an extra bathroom. NO ONE wants to move more than I do, trust me.

The story is that we are taking over the unit next door to us since they are moving into their new house they just finished building. They are very nice people and I have even been cat-sitting for them on occasions. Plain nice folks.

We got a call from the office saying we could move in on June 29th and we signed the new contract and everything. Cool.

Well, last night when walking the dogs my husband walked into the neighbour. Apparently his mom had died. She was in her 90s and they had been expecting this for a while, so there was no big chock or anything. The neighbour guy asked if it was ok with us if they could delay (a couple of weeks)their move until the end of the month (when we are suppoused to move in) so they can fix stuff with his mom. My husband said we were ok with it, but that it is of course up to the office to decide.

Today I get an angry call from the apartment manager saying the guy won't move out in time because we said it was ok! Come on, everyone involved are smart people and know my husband has no umltimate say in this, but the office is upset because they somehow say it is our fault, and they have a guy in line to move into our place when we move, and so on.

All we did was saying it was ok with us to delay our move if it was OK WITH THE OFFICE... ! So my hubby is trying to get a hold of the manager and straighten it out. We should have no blaim in this. The neighbour guy knows it is not up to us to decide such a thing, all we said we wouldn't mind... Sigh! Just trying to be a nice...

I like the neighbours and we were just trying to be nice. They are smart, they know they can't go ahead and not move out on time without the approval of the office. What is wrong with people???

No comments: