Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Activities

I have seen some postings on other blogs about "over-scheduling" kids... We don't really have that problem, in fact, I have been looking for some kind of physical activity I can sign Sarah up for. I just feel she needs a little more exercise. Now it is done! She is taking her first trial class of Tiny Tigers, a martial arts class. If she likes it she will take it Mondays and Wednesdays at 4:30 PM for 30 minutes. It will mainly be Tae Kwon Do, but I think they incorporate some Karate in it as well. I like martial arts because they incorporate many things such as focus, respect, fitness, confidence and stress release.

I am myself getting ready to join the newly formed chapter of SWEA, which is something I have been wanting to do for a while. I won't be able to go to all the meetings, since many will be in Tampa and will just collide with regular life, but I think there is one next Tuesday night (film night) and then on a Saturday here locally. Will be fun to meet some other Swedish women!

Now back to work!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Det blir nog toppen med Tae Kwon Do för Sarah. Hoppas hon gillar det. Kul att du ska få chansen att gå på lite SWEA möten. Här finns inget SWEA för det finns inte mycket svenskar i Alabama och att åka på möten i någon annan stat blir ju alldeles för långt så jag får hålla till godo iallfall utan SWEA. Du får gärna berätta om mötena framöver.