Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday already AGAIN!

Time flies... Sarah had no school today, which they forgot to mention, so I started the morning by driving there just to find that out. Sarah decided to hog my computer all day. She is getting really good at handling it herself, and she had a field day with all the online preschool games. It is nice that she can figure out how it works herself now, I only have to help occasionally when she gets some kind of pop up with text she can't read. The preschool games are pretty good, and the menus usually use sound as directions, so all you need to do is hover over something to find out what it says. She has been taking computer classes with CompuChild now for about a year and a half, twice a month or so. It seems she is getting much more confident in front of the computer!

I had really bad stomach pain this morning, so I spent half the day drinking lots of water to try to flush out whatever was stuck. When something gets stuck it has a particular "clogged" feeling, so I just try to flush it out, and so far I have been successful. I have heard these types of blockages can last for days!

After that had finally resolved itself somewhat I have been puttering around the house cleaning a little bit here and there.

We have had this awful smell around the couch area in the living room for a couple of days. The first day I noticed it Ken had just come home from work. It smelled like old disgusting cheese, so I yelled at him for having bad foot odor, which doesn't happen very often. It was an awful smell! I made him go wash his feet twice...

But the smell was still there! Then yesterday I figured out what was the problem... One of the dogs must have puked on the couch, and it had kind of dried, making it almost invisible in one corner... It was nasty! I made Ken clean it.... Thank goodness for a leather couch! Today I washed all the blankets and pillows on the couch, just to be sure, and I swear Bob smelled too (he probably rolled himself in it, they love that kind of gross stuff), so the dogs got themselves a scrub down as well. So now I am looking forward to a nice Friday evening of relaxing with no unpleasant smell of any kind! If I could only figure out what to make for dinner, so far it looks like all I can make with what I have at home is fish sticks (although the fancy kind)... Not fun at all, but I really don't feel like a trip to the grocery store. Take out anyone?

No comments: