Saturday, October 6, 2007

Very quick update

I am currently in the hospital same department as for the suregry.

So far I know a have a severe infection of the upper small intestine, no involment of the pouch at all! So I should be able to treat this with several different antibiotics. A very big BUMMER that I am fighting for them to understand is that on Thursday night, the second day on the Flagyl antibiotic, I started to feel a very familiar rash rearing its ugly head.

It is starting all over for sure. It must be the Flagyl, because I took that the day before the surgery, and a nurse did tell me it could be a culprit, even not hit until after several weeks.

Now, the personnel on this hospital doesn't seem this could be ppossible. Why not? It is the only new substance I have taken... I asked to consult with an allergist, and when they called him he said to take Benadryl! As if we nev er tried that... So far there has been NO doctor here at all. I was told Dr S would be in before 5, now it is 7:30. Ken is cranky, he is stressing me. If it wasn't for Sarah I wouldn't want them to visit at all...

So here I am with horrible pain, not getting any clear answers on anything. I am not allowed any food or drink, the TV has very few shows that are tinted green. And I have this evil super rash lurking to take over, and nobody seems to believe me. SUCKS! Well, at least this time they give me shots os something that makes me care less of all this mess. I just want to go home, decently weel and with no rash. So now you know. Maybe I will let them come and visit my tomorrowtoo and I can let you know how things are. And he forgot the portable DVD player and all those good movies I had planned on watching, the TV bing all green and all. I hate when I don't get to be in the loop about medical stuff pertaining to ME. The nurse just came in and told us DR S will be in at 9PM. I am not a happy at all right now. Not all! In fact I have been crying in pain most of the day since they are so slow getting you your meds.

5 comments:

JaCal said...

Oh, Sweflo!!! Here I am finally sitting down after a day with birthday party, sitting down and downloading all the pictures and go on a little blog-tour while waiting and what do I read! Oh my!! You must be so FRUSTRATED and in so much pain! "Holding my thumbs" that the right DR and staff can ease your pain and figure this one out!! Thinking of you! Big hugs!!

Tempus Fugit said...

My dear little sister...

I understand that you have a really hard time right now and I wish I could be there.

You are in the right place and I think that Dr S is very competent, so it can only be better.

Everything will work out just fine.

I'm thinking of you so much.

Love You Hugs & Kisses, Carina

Annika said...

This is so tough, and I can understand how frustrating it must be for you right now.
But, as your sister says, you are in the right hands and things will get better...
Thinking of you!!!

Helén said...

Hoppas du mår bättre!!

Desiree said...

Åh Sweflo, stor kram. Usch att det blivit så här. Jag förstår din ilska och din frustration. Du har ju levt med detta så länge så om det är någon som känner sin kropp så är det du. Så jobbigt att både ha så ont och samtidigt behöva kämpa och bråka med sjukvårdspersonal, it sure must suck. Vi får hoppas att din doktor S verkligen kommer så att du har någon vettig att snacka med. Nu har du ju haft så ont så länge och nu också få utslag som kliar låter inte bra alls. Super big hug till dig.