Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day off

Since I am way ahead with the work project, and today is a short day anyway when I have to pick Sarah up in school by 1:15, and my mother in law is stopping by at 1:40 and then we are going to the farm to pick up this week's veggies, I decided to take the day off.

So I have been cleaning and doing laundry all day, nice to have that all taken care off!

Feeling a bit sick, little congested, dizzy and a fever of 38 C, but as long as it is not the swine flu I should be OK, ha ha!!!

Speaking of the swine flu, the US had its first death related to the flu yesterday, a 2 year old boy. I have a feeling it will be more. One thing that I see as kind of frustrating is the time it takes to send away samples and confirm each case. It can take days! I am nervously awaiting the test results from a Mexican tourist that got ill on vacation in Orlando.

With my luck, he probably is positive for swine flu, and he probably went to Disney World and got lots of people there infected...

Our plans to take Sarah to Disney World on her birthday the 8th still stands, we will just bring extra hand sanitizing gel and wipes. I also talked to Sarah about germs, washing her hands and be careful touching her face. She is already very good at washing her hands, so I think she will do good.

She is pretty fascinated by this whole swine flu ordeal, asking lots of questions. Better to tell her facts than have her not knowing what this entire thing is about, since she snaps it up here and there anyway.

The schools seem to be prepping for a possible outbreak, and the President spoke this morning about schools and parents being prepared in case it comes to the need to close schools...

It is pretty serious, and I am glad the authorities are taking it as that, without causing any panic.

Now I am off for a walk with the dogs!

2 comments:

Saltistjejen said...

Oj hoppas du snart kryar pa dig! Och jag tror inte det ar svininfluensan. Jag tror anda att om man ar forsiktig ska det inte var ngn storre risk. Som du sager - tvatta handerna ofta och ta med typ Purell eller liknande i liten flaska.
Kram!!!

Ewa said...

Varför skulle den inte landa utanför din dörr

Släpp inte in den för f...

Kramar från Styrmansgatan, Visby