Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday

Last night I made a heavenly marinade with 3 lemons, olive oil, garlic, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper, then I marinaded extra large shrimp, shell on before grilling them.

With this I grilled veggies marinated in the same marinade (potatoes, green beans, summer squash, zucchini) in my wok pan for the grill. I also made a sour cream based sauce with a little of the marinade in it for dipping the shrimp. Yum!



Today Ken took Sarah and Bob with him to the office, so I can get some work done. So it is just me and Stan for a few hours, nice and quiet!

Next Friday, May 1, grandma is picking Sarah up; they are going to Wachula, where Sarah is going to sleep over in grandma's camper (husbil). The park where they will be staying apparently has a lot of fun stuff to do for kids, and Sarah is really looking forward to spending some one-on-one time with grandma. Ken and I are looking forward to spending some time alone as well.

We are planning on dinner and a movie, it is far too long since either one of us saw a movie that was not meant for kids... And I can't say I will miss the legs and arms that keep poking and kicking me after she sneaks up in our bed at night. TWO nights of undisturbed sleep!

But I will miss her, she is very rarely away from us (VERY rarely!). It sure will be empty around here...

And the Friday after that, May 8, it is Sarah's birthday and we will be spending the day at Disney World. That should be a lot of fun. I have made lunch reservations at one of the better restaurants that are reservations only, and I have arranged for some of the Disney characters to come out with a pirate treasure chest cake while singing happy birthday for her. She is going to love it!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

petchie said...

Mums vad gott det ser ut!! Ska komma ihåg det receptet och kanske testa det redan imorgon - eller kanske ikväll... Får se, just nu är vi proppmätta efter lunch på Fuddrucker's med två svenskor och en puertorican - det blev en låååång lunch ;-)
Låter kul med en massa planer för Sarah! Är det inte mother's day i USA också den 9 maj (??). Här är affärerna stängda den dagen :-(
Kram!

petchie said...

10 maj måste det förresten vara om den 8:e är en fredag...

Anonymous said...

Jösses du, hon fyller redan 6 år. tiden springer...