Friday, September 16, 2011

Good news

This week has been good since I got the stray cat to trust me. Sarah is now also able to pet him, and when I got outside he comes running. He is very affectionate!

But the problem i snow he meows all the time, wanting attention. This will definitely drive us nuts in a short time, especially during the night.

yesterday I started to contact all kinds of animal rescue agencies here locally. I only got one reply of all the emails I sent out... She said they couldn't help us, but she gave me the name of another organization that might.

Well, that organization did NOT call back, but on their web site I found the e-mail address for a lady who deals with cat adoptions.

And she emailed me back!

So the deal is that tomorrow she will be at Petsmart, our local pet store, where she handles cat adoptions each weekend. She is going to take a look at him. I explained he will be super scared and not easy at all to handle, so she decided to try and find him a foster home first, so he can get used to being handled and be more trusted before being adopted.

So I am going to pack him up tomorrow around 10 AM and I will let him sit in the carrier for a while to calm down (I have no illusions, he is going to go NUTS). Then at 11 AM I am taking him to her.

I am going to film him today so she can see that he indeed CAN be a very calm, affectionate cat, so she doesn't think he is all crazy. That way she might feel better about taking him in...

So wish me good luck on this one tomorrow!



1 comment:

Mrs Clapper said...

Vilket stort hjärta du har! Hoppas det går bra med kissen.