Sunday, September 18, 2011

Great weekend so far

I am sooo happy to report Baxter the Stray Cat is now in great hands! I had a hard time getting him in the pet carrier, took me 2 hours! First he was super cuddly, but juuuuust as I was going to put him in the carrier a neighbour came out in the backyard. I had a split second to decide if I should try to show the cat in the carrier or let him go and try again later.

I decided to give the carrier a go, the cat got out and now he wasn't exactly super trusting anymore... I tried a little later, and juuuuust as we were getting real friendly again a different neighbour comes out and off he goes.... AAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I sat out there and tried and tried, but he was so suspicious of the carrier that he wouldn't come near me again. The lady that I was supposed to meet was only going to be at Petsmart until 4 PM, so I had time against me. Finally the cat decided to come up to me and let me pet him again. I knew it was now or never...

I grabbed him firmly but gently and pushed him into the carrier. I could feel his entire body tense up and get ready to flee, but I won! He safely got into the carrier and from there on it was no problem. I let him sit in the carrier under a towel to calm down a little while I took a quick shower (soaked in sweat after trying to catch him).

Then we took off to Petsmart to meet the rescue lady. There were actually several volunteers there and they were all so nice and caring. They will work with Baxter, try to get him a foster home if needed to get him more relaxed with people. But we left with a much lighter heart, knowing he is now in the best of care.

It also turned out this organization works with the county, and her friend was the one that took care of Baxter's siblings when the house was raided by police back in July. So who knows, he might be reunited with his brothers and sisters even... All in all a happy ending indeed...

Now to the bathroom update... So nice to almost be done with that one. The only thing left now is the floor and shower tiles. I painted it, got a new toilet, light fixture, replaced the counter top, faucet and sink.

BEFORE:




AFTER:



 These are photos I took at some of my favorite spots here locally...


I added a dark brown wood frame to update the boring mirror. Really gave the entire bathroom that something extra I think!


The granite turned out really nice...

Now I am going to finish up some work, then I am going to go to the mall while Sarah and Ken go ice skating... :-)

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Vad skönt att all verkar ordna sig med Baxter, och vad superfint det blev i badrummet!!
Kramar//Vic

Mrs Clapper said...

Vad snyggt det blev!! Känns verkligen elegant och lyxigt. Den bruna tonen var jättefin, till och med duschdraperiet fick en boost av den. Nu vill ju jag också göra om... Attans.