Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday

Yesterday was not bad. We started out by having breakfast on the beach, then home to do a little work and yard work, then off to the ice skating rink for Sarah and Ken to go ice skating. Luckily for me it is next to the area's largest outlet mall, so I could shop a little.

I have the pleasant problem of having only too big pants (unless you count yoga pants), so I had to get a couple new pairs in a size smaller.

Then we had lunch, at Sarah's request at Hungry Howie's Pizza Buffet (we did a carb weekend and were allowed to eat anything we wanted).

Sarah has been a little sniffly since Friday, but finally last night she got a fever. Nothing bad, just a mild cold I would say.

The nice day went into a not so nice night. It felt like hundreds of mosquito and no see um-bites all over my legs, feet and arms. I counted 9 on just one side of my legs, but there are probably at least 20 or so. That is what I get from sitting outside for hours in the backyard to try and catch the cat... So itchy!

On top of that, Bob decided to want to get up at 2:30 AM. Since he sleeps on a chair in the living room I have to get up and help him, he can't jump that high. He just wanted a drink of water, but it took forever to go back to sleep with all the itching (and I had good itch cream!).

Then, as I just drifted off to sleep, he woke me up again! This time he wanted out to pee. Sigh. Same thing, took forever to get back to sleep.

Then AGAIN! This time he had to POOP! I was NOT very happy... But Bob is Bob. He will whine until he gets his way, and I think he knows I am a light sleeper...

In between that the cat got very exciting over all this activity, she is otherwise very good at keeping quiet at night. Now she found a fun toy and were running around like crazy. I took the toy away, went to bed, she found a new toy, same thing....

FINALLY! It was quiet and I could go back to sleep. If it wasn't for all that ITCHING!

Went up, checked on Sarah. No fever, but she has sounded miserable all through the night so I decided to keep her home. Have a feeling she is not going to feel too great today. A day with just resting will do her good.

I have had some tea, now I have to get going on this big project. I have a chunk of smaller documents I am planning on finishing up today, then it is ONLY ONE document left!!! A large one, but I am aiming for it to only take two days.

I am SO ready for this project to finally end, but the last few steps before reaching goal has turned out to be slooooow and heavy... But almost there... :-) Just got to make sure I don't fall asleep today!

No comments: