Thursday, April 24, 2008

Great day and secret stash

Yesterday turned out to be a great day. After picking Sarah up we grabbed some lunch and went over to L's house. After helping her with some software, we headed to the pool. It is still a bit too cool for me, but I heard the ocean is actually 75F/24C now, and that is not bad! Maybe we will have time for a beach visit on Saturday...

I put my old Sony camera up for sale, they seem to be pretty popular on eBay. It was $800 new, so I was hoping to get something out of it. It still takes good pictures, but it just wasn't keeping up with me anymore. The auction has 5 more days left and it is already up to $70, not bad! The Mavica has a rewritable mini CD-rom instead of a memory card, and that is apparently an attractive feature for some. It can store huge amounts of pictures in there! And this is a high end model, so even if it only has 4 mega pixels, it has a lot of cool features.

This morning I was driving around looking for boxes, but nothing. Nada, Then I had a brilliant idea! What is one place that receives lots of boxes all the time? Goodwill! And they always load all their donations in large bins for shipping. So where do all those boxes go? Well, they go into a huge stack of boxes kept for people like me that comes by and asks for them! I was so happy I could have hugged the donation center lady!!! I will surely come back with a few of the boxes full of donations here soon anyway...

Lots of boxes!

But life is not always all great. Last night I had washed a load of sheets, and the stuff had been in the dryer for a while. To my surprise the dryer was spinning, but there was no hot air! Most likely just a fuse somewhere, but I am not going to fiddle with that, so a repair man, at a minimum fee of $65, is coming out to look at it between 1PM-5PM.

The washer and dryer are the nicest set I have ever used. Ken got me the extra nice once as a present when we moved into the house 4 years ago. I really, really love my washer and dryer!

My beloved Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer

No comments: