Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sad news

I just got off the phone with my aunt. Her husband of 40 years just died suddenly out of nowhere this morning! His aorta ruptured, just like that and he was gone. They had just been to the doctor a few weeks a go and both had a clean bill of health. This is one of those things you can't really screen for, there are no signs to warn you.

She is of course chocked to the core, grasping at realty and thinking of how she will go on without her other half. Then it is all the administrative work that comes with someones death: now she is all alone in a huge house, how does she dismantle his business? All these things whirl through her mind and at the same time she is just screaming inside for him to come back...

I can only imagine the horror she is going trough and my heart goes out to her...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. I can't even imagine.