Monday, August 18, 2008

At home

Coming home was a chock in more than one way. First, the stank that hit me upon entering the house was awful! The dogs have understandable pissed inside when being left along for 11 hours every day, but Ken assured me that he had cleaned up. Well, his way of cleaning up meant mopping with a mop. The stink was BAD. So as soon as he left to go back for work (yes, on a Sunday), I had to do something. No way I would be able to relax... First I wiped with disinfection wipes, then I steamed mop. Weird, huh, how the smell instantly disappeared!

Ken told me they had pissed on the side of the bed, so naturally I had to wash all the bed sheets. No way I was sleeping in that. Then I vacuum the entire house and steamed mopped the kitchen, plus cleaned and put dishes in the dishwasher. It was just too nasty!

I think all of this took 2 hours, and I think I did all of it on adrenaline alone! Of course I shouldn't have done any of it, but you know how it is...

The first thing that hit me at home is how much my stomach hurts! I barely got a wink of sleep, it felt like sleeping with an 8 month pregnant belly with some evil baby inside trying its best to make sure you are in pain. Thank goodness for the little white pills they sent with me home, I have a feeling I will need them for a few days.

Anyway, it was all worth it. I got to see off a very excited Sarah to her first day of Kindergarten this morning!

She felt like such a big girl! They had arranged for all Kindergartners to wear a special paw print necklace (the school mascot is a bob cat), and then parents had to drop them off at the front door, so there would be minimal tears. But no tears for Sarah, so was just so excited, wearing her Hanna Montana backpack she picked out.


This first week will be all short days ending at noon, to ease them into the new routine, then she will go until 3:05 PM every day except Wednesdays when they will have early out at 1:15 PM.

But I doubt there will be any school tomorrow, considering our county is under mandatory evacuation already for all mobile homes, and voluntary evacuation so far for every one else. Sarah's school is suppose to open already at noon today as a shelter for the evacuees, so there is just no way there can be school tomorrow. And it doesn't look good for us regarding the projected path. At least it is good to be home with me family. We have plenty of water and flashlights, propane for the grill, but no hurricane food supplies... Hopefully we will have minimal damage.

Oh, and another thing I forgot to mention, I got a bed soar from the hospital! I thought that was stuff only old people got, but apparently not so. It was just where the tie of the hospital gown was, so that much have chafed on the skin.

Now I am going to lay down and REST! Great to be home...

6 comments:

Petra H said...

Vad skönt att höra att du är hemma, även om du fick börja med att städa (tänk vilken tur att ni inte har kvar heltäckningsmattorna!!!)! Jag håller tummarna för er, att Fay inte orsakar alltför mycket förödelse och att ni klarar er!
Sarah är jättesöt på bilderna, jag förstår att hon tycker att det var spännande att börja skolan.
Stor kram från PR

Anonymous said...

Shit va stor hon är!! ska bli kul att se henne in real life snart. skönt även att du fick som du ville och kom hem...
Vi ses ganska snart...
-Mari-

Anonymous said...

så kul att se Sarahs första dag på bild... du är en fin mamma Tina!... Sarah har tur som fick dig och Ken till föräldrar...

men som jag sa.. äventyra inte din hälsa!!!.. jag förstår.. hundskit stinker illa... men du riskerar mycket med att börja fixa och dona.. SOV och VILA nu... så du frisknar till...

Lotte

Anne said...

Vad underbart du fick se din lilla tjej vara med om sin första skoldag, förstår det betyder mycket. Du ser oförskämt pigg och fräsch ut på bilden. Jag skulle ALDRIG tro du legat på sjukhus och fortfarande inte är helt hundra. Du är en tapper kämpe du!
Ta nu hand om dig, vila och ta det bara lugnt så hoppas jag att du snart återfått alla krafter och inte har smärta mer. Lova att du vilar nu!!!!

Jessica said...

Ja men du maste vila nu massor!! Skotn att du fick komma hem!!
Ellie skulle borjat skolan idag men dem stangde skolorna idag och imorgon. Pa onsdag troligtivs forsta dagen i Kindergarten, jag kommer lipa!! Jag vet det!!!
Krya pa dig nu!! och vila massor allt annat loser sig!

Saltistjejen said...

Vad härligt att du kunde vinka ac Sarah när hon skulle iväg på sin första skoldag! :-)
Hon ser så stor och fin ut på bilderna!!!
Men det var ju inte så skoj med din påtvingade storstädning direkt efter att du kommit hem... Hm, jag undrar ibland varför vissa män har så mycket svårare att hålla rent och fixa hemmet när de är "ensamma"?? M är likadan. Om jag är borta ett par dagar kan det se hemskt ut när man kommer hem....
Kanske var denna fysiska bedrift också ngt som spädde på ditt magonda? Isåfall kan man hoppas att du mårr mycket bättre när du iten storstädar, vilket du väl inte behöver göra nu på länge?
Hoppas att du snart känner dig bättre i vilkte fall som helst!!!
kram!