Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pretty un-eventful

Good! No surprises or setbacks. Today is just a regular day of recovery. I got Sarah ready for school this morning, then went up to the drive thru pharmacy to pick up some antibiotics that apparently been waiting for me since I got out of the hospital. Usually you get an automated call or email when a prescription is filled. Oh well, good to have some just in case.

Driving is fine I think, which is good since I have to pick up Sarah at 3 Pm and then take her to the YMCA at 5 PM for her swim lesson. Very little walking involved.

I am definitely doing better today. I haven't had any pain for days, no more pain pills needed. I only have discomfort and occasional pain when I get up and down, which is to expect with a hole in your stomach I guess :-)!

I just did IV and wound care, so no more of that needed until tonight. The neighbor should be over in a few hours to take the dogs out. I have been working on my accounts receivables. It seems like people are very slow on paying my invoices... I should have had lots of payments roll in from all the work I did in June and July by now. We will see what Mr. Mailman brings; he just dropped off the mail. Irritating when I have bills to pay, and this money (from several businesses) should have been in my bank account by now.

I have a hair appointment on Thursday that I was planning on really enjoying, but not unless I get paid here soon! One of the drawbacks of being a freelancer; you never know when you will get paid! 30 days from invoicing is the norm, but many businesses are struggling and have payment terms up to 45, 60 and even 90 days!

I have been eating meat and boiled eggs every day, hoping that the protein will help. I lost a bit of weight the last month, about 13 lbs/7 kilos, so I am sure that also contributes to the weakness. At least one benefit of all this crap, now I can fit into my jeans again, I gained a lot (20 lbs/9 kilos) after last year's surgery, since my body was able to take up nutrients again. Now I am back to my 133 lbs, which feels good for me at 5 feet 8 (173 cm).

I did a small job yesterday, $40 for 15 minutes of work. Felt nice to use my brain again. I have a feeling I will be fit for fight in a week! Looking forward to some shopping with my cousin!

No comments: