Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sigh

I have had a few surgeries and stuff now. This is by far the hardest to recover from. I have never required more than one pain pill in 24 hours ever. This is so painful that I am watching the clock to see if I can take another one. And at night! Oh shit! I have never taken a pain pill at night, since they tend to keep me awake, but I had to take one every 3 hours! I tried first without, and I had a horrible nightmare about a guy chasing me in a hotel, catching me and injecting painful substances!

This thing is not to play around with, that is for sure.

The hurricane decided to completely spare us, so all we have is a little wind and rain. Ken went to work (oh how I wish he could have stayed home and cared for me...), but Sarah and I will have a nice "hurricane day".

By the way, she was SO helpful yesterday! I could for my life not find a comfortable spot to sit/lay on the couch, it felt like knives piercing me. So when I found a somewhat stable position, I wasn't going to give it up in the first time. Sarah helped me get things, like a straw for my drink, the remote or the phone, she even managed to carry out a bit more complicated orders, like can you get me my nail file that is in the shimmery purple bag inside the clothes at the bottom of my blue bag on the left side of the inside of the bedroom. Not even Ken would have found that!

But she had the best advice, I would scream out in pain often and she would calmly say: "slow and steady". That came from her own head, nobody else has said that! And this morning when she was watching a movie I was getting up from bed, and I screamed really loud, and she screamed back "remember, slooow". Too cute really! She doesn't get upset or scared, she is wise beyond her years...

I noticed a lost a few pounds the last couple of days, I hope that means the stomach is getting smaller, It feels softer, so I hope so. I have not been eating very much, but healthy things, like eggs for lunch and chicken soup for dinner. I feel very weak and cold sweaty, so it must still be in the recovery phase. It really sucks, I wish I could have someone here to help me, just with the small stuff like taking the dogs out and preparing meals. But Ken is working 12 hour days, so I am on my own (well, Sarah IS a great help!)

3 comments:

Saltistjejen said...

Ååååå!
Om jag bott närmare hade jag definitivt kommit och hjälpt dig lite!!! Men NY-Florida är lite för långt för det... Tyvärr.

Fy vad det låter jobbigt med din smärta också!
Jag minns hur ont det gjorde efter kejsarsnittet de första dygnen. Jag åt en hel del smärtstillande då. Men särskilt på morgonen när det var ett tag sedan man tagit sitt piller och det hade förlorat sin effekt så gjorde djävulusiskt ont. Att kokmma upop ur sängen var ingen barnlek...

Men gud så gulligt med Sarah som din hjälp! Hon verkar vara en så härlig tjej. Omtänksam, generös och KLOK!!! Att hon sa till dig att ta det långsamt och försiktigt tycker jag var såååå himla fint!! Så sött! OCH så riktigt!!! :-)

Skickar här en mängd krya-på-dig-kramar!!!!

Jessica said...

Ja det ar inte jattelangt fran mig till dig men for langt. Hade sjalvklart garna hjalpt dig! Ta vara pa lilltjejen, dem ar fantastiska!!
Krya pa dig snart!! Men som Sarah sager, SLOOOOWWWW. Glom alla masten och gor bara vad du klarar!!

Kiddan said...

Åh jag vet precis hur det är när man bara MÅSTE få lite hjälp och stöd och även omvårdnad! Det låter onekligen väldigt jobbigt som du har det nu. Kan ju inte gör annat än skicka krya på dej hälsningar!