Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ecological choices

If you have kids, you, like us, probably go through a ton of batteries. It really adds up! In our house there are toys and games and flashlights that constantly need more juice.

I got tired of throwing out and buying new once all the time. Yesterday my new baby arrived: A Sony Rapid Battery Charger. This thing will make sure we always have fresh AA and AAA batteries at hand, and also making sure we reduce our waste.

Another thing I started to implement is replacing most cleaning supplies with greener versions. Sure, the dish washer detergent I now use smells like crap, but it works great and contains no harming phosphor. The ecological bathroom cleaner I now use says on the bottle that it smells like "Green Mandarin and Leaf". Stink-leaves, maybe!!! Yuck. But hey, I am not pouring poisons down the drain anymore. I think I will try the Method-brand next time. They are available all over, especially at Target, and they seem to be environmentally friendly AND smell good, a plus in my book :-)!

No comments: