Thursday, January 8, 2009

Work

Last year about this time, I was getting lots of work, in fact, I was super busy!

It seems it is gearing up to be a similar situation this year as well. I was just negotiating with an agency last night, and if the final approval is granted for a go-ahead, I should have a full time project with them ready to start in February.

Full time, but I will still do all my regular work, so it means really FULL TIME for me! But I enjoy periods of really intense working. And the pay is a nice carrot at the end. I have been contemplating if I will go to Sweden or not this summer, but I have decided that my money will be better spent paying off some debt and increasing my credit score. I am doing OK, but I want to be feeling very confident financially, and therefore I am sorry to report there will be no Sweden trip this summer as I was hoping...

At these uncertain times it is better to put your money on security. I am so happy our cars are paid for, our mortgage is very low. I don't have a huge amount of bills, the biggest thing every year is usually my Swedish student loan payments. But I would like to pay off a credit card of mine. So that is the decision. I know a few people will be very disappointed. But I will feel better this way.

My goal is to be mostly cash based within a couple of years, which should be doable. I just don't like credit cards, but they have been a neccessity to build up my credit history in this country. Everything revolves around your credit history here. If you don't have one, you are pretty much stuck and can't do much financially.

Now back to work.

No comments: