Thursday, January 22, 2009

Household work

I am fully booked for work until mid March, and that is full time work, so I am trying to figure out how I will have time for regular household activities. Read: cleaning.

I am just now running around the house trying to clean all the rooms. At least the laundry is all done. Starting tomorrow I should be really busy until mid next week, then a really busy period will start February 9 and run for 4-6 weeks, depending on how long the project will take.

And then you have the grocery shopping, cooking and all that other stuff, plus trying to have a regular life in between. Not easy to puzzle together. But I am determined to make as much money as I can this spring, so I really don't mind.

But I am the only person who does ANYTHING at all here at home. Because my husband works all day "to put a roof over our heads". And since I am just sitting here at home eating bon-bons and watching Oprah, I get the pleasure of doing all the house work. Heeey, wait a minute? That does not quite add up!

Plus, the husband has some weird man-disorder. Everything he does is usually making my life harder, like, instead of rinsing off his cereal bowl in the morning, he leaves it sitting on the counter. So when I have to do the dishes, it will be like trying to pry glue off that bowl!

Or, why does all his clothes end up on the floor NEXT to the hamper? A mystery... Or when he gets ready in the morning: he grabs his floss, the toothpaste, the gel, the cologne and puts it all back in its place... NOT. He spreads it all over the counter in the bathroom. Again: a mystery.

Wouldn't it take the exact same amount of energy to put the stuff back in its spot as to just randomly put it all over the counter? Hmmm...

It is a wonder to me how he can run a company with several employees with spotless records and everything in its place. Maybe he just runs out of order when he gets home? Where can I buy some more for him? Anyone???

No comments: