Monday, January 19, 2009

Fever fog

Yesterday was not very fun at all. My entire body was aching and my head felt like it was going to explode. AT least I didn't have a fever, it was fine when I checked it. Then when I was on the phone with my cousin I noticed I started to shake uncontrollably. Weird, I had just checked my temp, so it could not be that. I checked again, and it was 41 C! Just like that.

Then I spent the rest of the day in a fever fog, I took fever reducers but it never went under 40. That with all the aces was driving me nuts. I had a fly shot, so I don't thionk it was that. It could be a lupus attack, I have had similar stuff happen before, especially with fever like that.

I woke up at 3:30 AM this morning by the howling wind and severe rain outside. I got a bit scared thinkiing it might be a tornado or soemthing, it was pretty intense. Since I was up anyway I checked my temp, and STILL over 40! So I took a couple of Tylenols (like Alvedon), the highest dose you are allowed to take. Within one hour I started to sweat like a pig, a great sign that the fever was finally going down.

When I woke up in the morning it was just 37.5 C, and after a good breakfast and a refreshing shoer I feel so much better, still kind of week though. Hopefully the fever won't be back later.

Today is a Holiday due to it being Martin Luther King-day, so banks and schools are closed. Sarah was getting a little bored yesterday with me not being that much company, so she was very happy to go over to the neighbours and play outside in their bakyard. I can hear them playing out there. The weather is lovely outside, sunny and about 20C, so they should have a nice time playing outside.

No comments: