Monday, January 11, 2010

Intestinal update :-)

Well, things are not exactly back to normal. I managed to eat toast and some steamed rice for lunch, but I have super severe nausea. So I called my trusted doctor up in St Petersburg to see what they think. I figured perhaps if I am lucky he can squeeze me in for a regular office appointment. Sure enough, they are sending me for a CT-scan tomorrow and then I have an appointment to see him on Wednesday. You gotta give American health care kudos for being efficient and patient oriented. If you have the right insurance, that is...

It feels pretty good doing the CT-scan, that way I will know for sure what is going on... I just really worry about drinking the contrast fluid before the scan. It is very puke-inducing, to say the least. The regular contrast they squirt into your IV line is not bad at all, but that stuff... yuck.

So that is the plan. I am just hoping there is no scar tissue blocking the intestine, I am not exactly in the mood for surgery and a hospital stay. Especially not since Ken is so busy and it would be chaos here at home. And I would not be able to see them much, since it is a bit of a drive up there just for a visit. It would be so stressful, I would just lay there and stress about everything at home. But everyone usually survive, so I am sure it would be fine if it came to that...

2 comments:

Saltistjejen said...

Lycka till med scanningen!

Anonymous said...

Håller tummarna för att det inte är ärrvävnad.
-Mari-