Thursday, February 19, 2009

Afternoon slump

It is here: the slump. I feel so tired and just can't wrap my brain around work right now. I have to leave in 20 minutes anyway, to go by the bank, the post office and then pick up Sarah in school. Luckily the bank and the post office are both within a 2 minute ride form my house.

Then we have to stop by Publix and get some groceries. I am making a nice chicken with rose and black pepper, with freshly made Parmesan risotto and lime sauce. Yum!

Made a really nice cinnamony apple cake last night, still lots left for dessert tonight...

I just wish my energy levels would not dive into an abyss every afternoon. Of course, the job I am working on is extremely boring, so that probably has a lot to do with it. Still have 100 pages to go for today, but it will have to wait until I get back home.

I think I will take the dogs for a walk before I leave (they come with me), it is really windy outside and a balmy 24 C, maybe that will perk me up.

3 comments:

Saltistjejen said...

Mmm låer som en behaglig temperatur. Haha jag blir också nästan alltid trött på eftermiddagarna. Oavsett om jag sovit bra eller ej på natten. Tror att människan egentligen är gjord för en liten siesta! ;-)
kram!

Ewa said...

Kanske du sitter för länge utan pauser. Små bensträckare och vätskeintag en bit från fokus är jättebra för att hålla igång och ändå ha lite kvar på slutet

Kram från Visby -9 smak av sol och flingor i ruften

S w e F l o said...

Jag är ganska bra på att ta promenader med hundarna och både äter och dricker medans jag jobbar. Ibland när det känns segt tar jag "hundgosningspaus", men jag är helt seg i alla fall...