Thursday, November 6, 2008

Getting ready...

Today is mostly work and getting ready for the conference tomorrow. It will be nice to dress up in business attire and pretend to be a real grown up again... I don't exactly dress business smart at home - being a freelancer often means comfy yoga pants and t-shirts everyday...

I am also going to see my hair dresser. I can count on her to make my hair look great, and stay that way until I wash it again at least...

We have to leave very early tomorrow morning to make it in time, probably at 6:30 AM. I am debating what time to get there, the conference breakfast starts at 8 AM, but I will most likely eat something in the car on the way over, otherwise I will be too hungry. And at 9 AM is the annual meeting of the American Translators Association, usually a very boring affair.

So I think getting there around 9 would work, register and then check out the different exhibits and set up my stuff in the language room (a place where huge tables are set up for translators to put their resume and business cards, and the big translation agencies later walk around and collect these for there data bases. I always get an upswing in work after one of my conference visits).

At 11 I am attending a symposium about editing, something I have been wanting to get into more, even though I do my fair share of editing already. And after that I am pretty much done.

The afternoon is family time. We have a reservation at the cool Rainforest Cafe in downtown Disney, and then we have tickets to see the new Madagascar: Move 2 Africa movie. And Saturday is all IKEA... Fun!

Monday and Tuesday are no school days, due to it being Veteran's Day on Tuesday, so that means Sarah will have 5 days off. Nice!

I better clean the house a bit, the neighbor is going to come and walk the dogs while we are gone, and she is snoopy (but nice)... Have a great day!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Wow, Rainforest Café, Madagascar2 och IKEA; vilken kanonresa ni har inplanerad! Synd att det är jobb också... ;o)
Trevlig helg! //Vic