Monday, March 30, 2009

Great day so far

I was up reading until 2 AM, and I finally finished the third book this morning. So now I can get on with my life, ha ha! Only bad thing is that my neck is so stiff I can barley turn my head to the left, very irritating!

Then I got that payment I had been waiting for, so now I am all set for my Swedish visit. I also stopped by the mechanics we use for our cars to have a front bottom panel fixed that was hanging down underneath. They were nice enough to fix it for free, it pays to be a regular customer...

Then I went over to the YMCA and signed Sarah up for summer camp. I looked and looked for some kind of farm camp, but nothing seemed to be available for this year.

At the Y she will get swimming lessons, do all kinds of sports even more unusual sports such as archery, she is very excited about that one. They also do arts and crafts and large group activities.

They will also do stuff like Camp Carnival, go to the movies, go bowling, play mini golf, attend various museums, go to the Florida Aquarium, attend a major league baseball game, go roller skating and so on.

My main concern is that she has FUN, and I think she will here. The hours work well for me so I can work as well, 9- AM to 4 PM. It is on the way to work for Ken, so he can drop her off and I can pick up in the afternoon.

This also solves the problem to get a spot in the swim class, since it is baked into the camp. I have a feeling she will definitely learn how to swim this summer.

Oh, and I also got an offer to get in as a member of the community farm for the remainder 7 weeks of the season at a prorated amount of $125. Fresh veggies for 7 weeks? I think I will go for that! So starting next Wednesday we will start our veggie pick-ups... Awesome! The spot I got was at their sister farm, Gamble Creek Farm, and they are all organic and use mainly hydroponics and Earth Boxes. Will be interesting to see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Det blir nog jätte bra på YMCA. det är ju fresha lokaler (om det är där hon gått på simskola?) och personalen verkade ju engagerade.
Det är ju inte heller fel att hon får testa olika idrotter. Kanske fastnar hon för något.
Kan dock tänka mig att hon inte får privilegiet att prova innebandy (floorball). Vilket är den absolut roligaste sporten (jag är nog väldigt partisk).
-Mari-