Friday, March 27, 2009

Keeping busy...

After a Mario Kart tournament with my aunt and cousin over the WiFi Sarah and I went out for a quick lunch and to pick up a few things at Wal-Mart.

Then I was off to clean the garage. Not an easy task, but since I did a really good cleaning out there a few months ago, it was not as bad as it could have been. I am the only one keeping track of everything out there, making sure we know what is where and that there is not too much stuff all over...

I also did my usual spider inspection, and I found a big, fat brown widow hiding in a corner with her egg sacks... Usually the black and brown widows prefer the outdoors, but this was a corner right next to the garage door... Anyway, I do not want deadly spiders around my family, and I brought out the spray. I have been noticing eggs sacks the last few weeks, so I just keep killing what I see and hope for the best. Each egg sack could hold up to 500 baby spiders, so it is important to take care of them. I don't mind bugs in general, but anything that could kill my family = GONE!

Sarah had a lot of fun riding her bike and scooter in the driveway while I was cleaning, and just when I was done, B and R came over to play. I had hoped to jump in the shower, but that will have to wait until they leave now, so maybe I will take the opportunity to straighten up the kitchen while I am at it... But that second Stieg Larsson books seems to be beckoning me, so I have a feeling I won't be able to stay away from it!

Thinking about making a chocolate banana cake for dessert, found this recipe for banana cake at the Swedish food blog Matplatsen. Seems really yummy!

No comments: