Monday, March 23, 2009

Update

Just got back from being at the doctors, pharmacy, picking up Sarah and the grocery store.

The doctor said that if I was a regular patient he would send me to get tested for lymphoma, since my lymph nodes are really involved, but since it is me and my lupus, his first guess was, as I predicted, that there is inflammation in the nerves.

He did surprise me when he discovered inflammation all the way down my shoulder into my upper right arm (that might explain why my arm felt so weird, I was just concentrating on the blinding pain in my head and neck.) He did however say that the lymph nodes should not react like this from just an inflammation, so he said I must have an infection going on as well.

And this is all probably connected to that thing that was going on last weekend when I was aching and having a high fever for a few days. He said I had a pretty high fever today, but I guess all the head pain made it hard to notice such a thing, I was, like, you know, occupied by not trying to rip my head off :-)!

So steroids and antibiotics, coupled with Vicodine for the intense pain (didn't exactly get better from him prodding my head, while saying "Oh, this sure looks like it hurts," poke, prod, squeeze...)

And if it is not all gone in two weeks, well, then we will rethink the C thing. But only then. Two weeks. Usually you feel better from an infection in a few days on antibiotics, and perhaps a week for the inflammation on the steroids. I will keep my fingers crossed. So most likely I will be back to normal by the time my aunt and cousin comes on the 2nd, perfect!

3 comments:

mammigranten said...

Jag håller tummarna hårt och hoppas det går över snart!
Hoppas hoppas hoppas...

Taina said...

Usch, stackars dig! Jah hoppas medicinerna hjälper nu. Vad kul med besök framöver! Vi får också besök i april. Mina svärföräldrar samt min son kommer hit över påsk. Så kul.
Krya på dig kram från ett soligt CT

petchie said...

Jag håller också tummarna att medicinerna funkar och det snabbt! Så himla tråkigt att du fått nya hälsoproblem, hoppas att det lugnar ner sig och du slipper ha mer ont.
Stor kram från PR