Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lymph node havoc

I mentioned small bumps yesterday - well, now I know what the heck is going on! All the little lymph nodes are swollen, from my head and all the way down to just above my collar bone! The nodes themselves feel like little beans, kind of hard but not in themselves painful, but the area around my neck and down is very tender. And still all that pain in my head.

I never really had more than perhaps a single swollen node here and there in my life, so this is certainly scary. I am calling my doctor first thing tomorrow. And I can't look anything up on the Internet since they all scream cancer when talking about the lymph nodes just above the collar bones. I am sure it is all related to the nerve inflammation and lupus somehow, but of course all those Internet articles scare me. So I try not to look at them.

I think I know my body pretty good. I am sure it is just the lupus. I sure hope so. Can't wait until tomorrow to put an end to this thing!

No comments: